What is the Nasdaq Basic? I need real time prices for securities on all of the major US exchanges, like NYSE and NYSE MKT as well. Does this include those securities?
NASDAQ Basic is a real-time data feed that offers Last Sale and bid/ask data for NASDAQ, NYSE, NYSE AMEX and NYSE Arca-listed securities from the NASDAQ Market Center (the most liquid U.S. exchange) and the FINRA/NASDAQ TRF.
With NASDAQ Basic, you get access to real-time prices from all of those exchanges that are extremely accurate at a fraction of the cost of other real-time data feeds, as you are just responsible for paying the exchange fee to Nasdaq.
What data do I receive in this feed?
- As an example of the data you receive in this feed, go to our python SDK here: https://github.com/intrinio/intrinio-realtime-python-sdk. Scroll down under "Quote Data Format", and take a look at the "Quote Message" and "Trade Message" listed under there. It includes field descriptions as well.
What does "ticker limit" mean?
- Ticker limit refers to the number of securities, or tickers, you can stream at one time through the websocket. The basic plan listed on our product page allows you to stream a max of 50 securities at once, with the ability to switch the securities you're streaming an unlimited number of times per day.
What does "Connection Limit" mean?
- Connection limit refers to the actual number of websocket connections you can have open at one time. You are allowed 1 connection to the websocket, with the ability to stream a certain number of securities through that 1 connection depending on your plan.
What is the difference between a "non-pro" and "pro"?
- The non-pro and pro classifications are determined by Nasdaq, and impact the exchange fee Nasdaq charges for you to view and access the data. To view what Nasdaq classifies as a non-pro, click "limit" under either plan listed on the product page.
I need to stream more than 50 securities at one time, what are my options?
- If you need to stream more than 50 securities at one time, you would need to subscribe to one of the add-on plans, found here: https://intrinio.com/data/quodd-add-ons. You would first subscribe to the basic plan to start your access, then once approved, subscribe to the add-on plan you need.
I subscribed and signed the agreement on my account page but still do not have access. How long does it take to get approved and turn on access?
- It usually takes 24 hours to review your agreement. Once approved, you will receive an email from Intrinio stating that your access is live.